Friday, November 9, 2012

The Cook Truck

The Upstate New York town of Binghamton (the place I am currently calling home) is not known for innovative vegan cuisine...perhaps until now!



When I spotted this brightly colored truck from the road when I was driving home this last week. I was surprised to see something new along our corporate dominated parkway, but I discounted it immediately, assuming it was another meat-tastic BBQ joint. 

When I returned home I was quick to check their website and found to my surprise, that yes, they do in fact have vegan options on the menu. Several in fact! I just had to give it a go!


I started with the tofu tacos. Try deliciously marinated tofu in a subtly spicey barbeque sauce with a Korean inspired fresh vegan cabbage and carrot slaw. The tacos were served in soft corn tortillas and garnished with fresh cilantro and scallions- delicious! 


We finished the meal with a side of fall vegetable kimchi rice. At only $3 the plentiful side dish was a bargain and definitely hit the spot! The fall root vegetables were really the star, giving the rice a rich earthy fall flavor. 

The Cook Truck offers a menu that changes weekly and is sure to offer more vegan options in the future. My husband I and I will definitely be back to try the amazing Cook Truck again. If you are in the Binghamton area be sure to stop by and give it a try. You will not be disappointed!



No comments:

Post a Comment